Application deadline: July 2, 2021 @ 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Winners notified: July 23, 2021
Thanks to support from the Canada Council for the Arts and through the Centre for Sustainable Practice in the Artsâ€™ CSPA Supports Program, we are pleased to offer 5-10 micro-grants of $500 to $1,000 to individuals or groups based in Canada interested in organizing an event for Climate Change Theatre Action 2021.
- Open to individuals or groups based in Canada only who are not associated with an institution. (Small theatres without operational funding and students who donâ€™t have access to university funding are eligible.)
- Priority will be given to BIPOC applicants and applicants from provinces and territories that have not been represented in CCTA so far: New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Yukon.
- You must follow the CCTA guidelines and present an event in your community, using at least one of the plays from the CCTA 2021 collection, between September 19 â€“ December 18, 2021.
- You will need to document your event through photos and/or videos and share the documentation with us afterwards.
- Only one submission per person. If you are part of a group (i.e., small theatre or student group), only one member in your group should apply.
How to Apply:
- Familiarize yourself withÂ Climate Change Theatre ActionÂ and what is expected of a producing collaborator.
- Contact us atÂ email@example.comÂ to get access to the plays.
- Once you have read the plays and the detailed guidelines, and have a clear idea of what kind of event you would like to organize, fill out the application form.Â
- You need to submit a budget as part of your application. You can download a budget template below.Â
Artistic Merit: Do you have a clear vision for your event? Well-defined goals? Are you creating something that is unique to you and your community?
Experience/Capacity: Do you have the resources, knowledge, and/or prior experience to organize and present this event? Do you have access to colleagues and partners who can help you realize your vision?
Community Engagement/Impact: Is your community well defined? Are you engaging people in a meaningful way? Is there a potential for impact that goes beyond the theatrical presentation?
Need: Do you make a case for funding, and can you articulate the impact that this award will have on your plans?
If you have any questions or issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will get back to you.