The ceremony will take place in the Lafayette Bar (1st floor) in the Festival Theatre:Â a year roundGreen Arts Initiative venue and host for Edinburgh International Festival events during August.
Taking the form ofÂ a celebratory breakfast reception, the ceremony will startÂ at 10:30amÂ and tea, coffee and pastries will be provided.
All applicants to the award are invited to attend, as are all those interested in arts and sustainability on show at the worldâ€™s largest arts festival!
The Edinburgh Fringe Sustainable Practice Award was established in 2010 byÂ Center for Sustainable Practice In the Arts,Â and is now run as a joint initiative between the Canadian organisation and Creative Carbon Scotland, in partnershipÂ with The List magazine and PR Print & Design.
EachÂ year the award is given to a company or individual at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe that has created a high-quality production that thinks creatively about sustainability and engages their audiences with the issue, from sustainability-driven content to elements of sustainable production. Social, economic, and environmental sustainability dimensions are considered, as well as the content and technical production of the show.
Previous recipients include:
- The Pantry Shelf, produced by Team M&M at Sweet Grassmarket;
- AllotmentÂ by Jules Horne and directed by Kate Nelson, produced by nutshell productions at the Inverleith Allotments in co-production with Assembly;
- The Man Who Planted Trees adapted from Jean Gionoâ€™s story by Ailie Cohen, Richard Medrington, Rick Conte and directed by Ailie Cohen, produced by Puppet State Theatre;
- How to Occupy an Oil Rig by Daniel Bye;
- AÂ Comedy of Errors and Macbeth by The HandleBards/Peculius at the Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh;
- Lungs by Duncan Macmillan, by Paines Plough at Roundabout
Applications to the award are open until 12 August, and productions can apply here.
Click here for moreÂ information about environmental sustainability at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
RSVP here:Â https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/edinburgh-fringe-sustainable-practice-award-award-ceremony-tickets-26803228177?aff=es2