Applications for the 2011 Indy Convergence are open.
Once a year The Indy Convergence brings together a group of professional artists from around the country to collaborate on cross-disciplinary projects. We seek out professional artists with a passion for exploration and a unique talent or approach that will contribute to the ensemble. Participants also have the opportunity to focus on their own genre specific works and are required to teach a workshop that is open and free to the Indianapolis community. The goal of the Convergence is for working artists of various disciplines to gather, collaborate, learn, share and teach.
The 2011 Convergence will be March 9 -19.
Over a ten day period each artist:
- Participates in one wholly collaborative â€œUmbrella Projectâ€
- Works on one or more personal â€œSide Projectsâ€
- Teaches at least one â€œWorkshopâ€ in their field of expertise.
- The Indy Convergence concludes with a culminating presentation where work is shared in an open lab environment. All workshops and events are open to the public and free of charge.
- At the core of the Indy Convergence we are â€œartists at workâ€ â€” at work in our community and at work with one another.
Join us in Indiana this March to share space with other dedicated artists for 2 weeks of open space.
To Apply, visit the application page by CLICKING HERE
To view video and images from the last convergences,Â check our archives to see the artists at work!