The Ars Electronica Linz GmbH in Linz/Austria welcomes submissions for the â€œnext idea grantâ€ 2012.
Every year Ars Electronica awards prizes to artistic works in the field of media arts in the following seven different categories:
- Computer Animation / Film / VFX
- Interactive Art
- Digital Musics & Sound Art
- Hybrid Art
- Digital Communities
- u19â€“Create Your World
- [the next idea] voestalpine Art and Technology Grant
The Prix Ars Electronica is one of the most important awards for creativity and pioneering spirit in the field of digital media.
The aim of â€œTHE NEXT IDEAâ€ grant is to honor new and extraordinarily promising ideas and to support the process of developing them further. This year Ars Electronica looks especially for projects that deal with three themes of key importance to humankindâ€™s future: energy, mobility and access.
For detailed information about the grant see http://www.aec.at/prix/en/
Everyone is invited to submit new projects/concepts or prototypes here: http://prix.aec.at/
The deadline for submission is March 2nd, 2012.
Cultura21â€²s international network, launched in April 2007, offers the online and offline platform for exchanges and mutual learning among its members.
– Sacha Kagan (based in LÃ¼neburg, Germany) and Rana Ã–ztÃ¼rk (based in Berlin, Germany)
– Oleg Koefoed and Kajsa Paludan (both based in Copenhagen, Denmark)
– Hans Dieleman (based in Mexico-City, Mexico)
– Francesca Cozzolino and David Knaute (both based in Paris, France)