What does â€œpoolâ€ in â€œLiverpoolâ€ stand for?Â It is the goal of â€˜Pool to explore, reveal and celebrate the origins of the city of Liverpool and in so doing to contemplate and influence the cityâ€™s future. ThroughÂ walks, picnics, celebrations, conferrings and positive documentation, â€˜Pool works with communities in Liverpool to raise awarenessÂ about the ecology and social dynamics of their spaces.
1) Earth: Seed: Nurture: Grow reveals unused land in a series of monthly events which challenge the understanding of neglected urban spaces.
2) Growing Granby isÂ a collaboration with Granby Adult Learning Centre to provide a course exploring sustainability past, present and future in the Granby triangle of Liverpool.
3) Construction Site is an exhibition which looks at the changes of the city and invites citicens to haveÂ their say.
For more information visit: www.poolproject.co.uk.
Cultura21â€²s international network, launched in April 2007, offers the online and offline platform for exchanges and mutual learning among its members.
– Sacha Kagan (based in LÃ¼neburg, Germany) and Rana Ã–ztÃ¼rk (based in Berlin, Germany)
– Oleg Koefoed and Kajsa Paludan (both based in Copenhagen, Denmark)
– Hans Dieleman (based in Mexico-City, Mexico)
– Francesca Cozzolino and David Knaute (both based in Paris, France)