A program for artists to become creatively active in countering climate change.
This week long intensive immerses you in art making, activism strategies, environmental justice principles, place based approaches, partnership and community building.
The Artichoke Ambassadors program symbiotically aligns environmentally conscious art making with climate and environmental justice action at collective and individual levels. This educational and mentorship program guides people to become creatively active in climate change, merging arts and activism practices. All artistic mediums are welcome.
- To cultivate and stimulate thinking, development and action at the intersection of art and climate, and to aid people in their desire to merge the two
- To encourage and enable young artists to use both their artmaking and their connections to audiences to influence cultural shifts combating climate change.
- To inspire motivation to create and share compelling works of art addressing climate change and provide tools to do so.
- To address the largest challenge of our time with creativity, innovation, and involvement.
- To encourage and enable people to take action with confidence.
- To foster creative capacities, artistic skill and communication clarity.
- To build future leaders in arts activism.
- To build a network of sustainability and strength for this work.
SUMMER 2023 IN PERSON INTENSIVE:
JUNE 12-17, 2023 | 10AM-6PM DAILY
AT MERCURY STORE IN GOWANUS, BROOKLYN (131 EIGHTH STREET)
To claim your spot in the program, please register by completing the google form linked below. Your registration will not be confirmed until you have sent payment of $650. Payment details are listed in the registration form.
*TRAVELING FROM OUT OF NYC FOR THE INTENSIVE? CONSIDER BOOKING WITH ACE HOTEL (370 4TH AVENUE) USE CODE EYESANDEARS TO RECEIVE A 15% OFF DISCOUNT OFF YOUR STAY!