Friday 29th – Saturday 30th, September 2017 -Â GuimarÃ£es
The Organising Committee invites you to attend the Conference Cultura/Natura 2017. This meeting welcomes both scientific and artistic contributions, from all areas of knowledge, and considering the diversity of artistic formats, that embody or reflect on this theme. This is an initiative of Teatro do Frio in partnership with the Faculty of Psychology and Education Sciences of the University of Porto (FPCEUP) and the Centre for Research and Intervention in Education (CIIE/FPCEUP), and in association with the A Oficina (Centro de Artes Mesteres Tradicionais de GuimarÃ£es) and the Directorate-General of the Arts.
The deadline for submissions of abstracts is Thursday 15th June 2017.
The aims of the Conference are to:
- Reflect about the potential and limitations of adopting creative and dynamic models of artistic creation, in the pursuit of sustainable cultures.
- Reflect about the potential and limitations of adopting models of scientific consensus, in the construction of sustainable cultures.
- Open an experimental space where artists, scientists and other knowledge producers could share, connect and expand experiences, projects and dialogues in different fields of arts and sciences.
- Promote communities of learning, practice and mutual support between researchers.
- Promote experiences of interdisciplinary hybridisation.
Whether in the form of artistic dramaturgies built from scientific, philosophical, environmental, socio-economical stimuli (amongst others), or in the form of methodological procedures that address the diversity of forms and artistic practices, this encounter is conceived as an experimental site, in which, during two days, we will dedicate ourselves to the exploration and enhancement of dialogues between arts and sciences.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Proposals for presentations in different formats and from all areas of knowledge will be accepted (presentation time aprox. 20 minutes each):
- Oral communications
- Works in all formats
- Exhibitions of artistic works in all formats
If you are interested in delivering a paper, please submit your paper abstract by midnight on Thursday, 15th June to the emailÂ firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts should not exceed 400 words (excluding references, if any: max. 10 references). A short biographical note (fewer than 200 words) for each author must be included in the submission.
All papers will be fully refereed. We aim to notify acceptance decisions on 17th July 2017.
Works will be selected for inclusion in a publication launched in March 2018.
More information in: http://www.fpce.up.pt/ciie/?q=en/content/encontro-culturanatura-2017
If you have any issues please contact: email@example.com.