This post comes from Creative Carbon Scotland
This post comes from EUPORIAS, Kaleider and the MET Office.
We want to commission an individual or a group to create an experience that will take place during the EUPORIAS General Assembly. Weâ€™re not prescriptive about discipline, but weâ€™re interested in something that is playful/playable/fascinating/interesting/thrilling/poetic/challenging/delightful.
It might use tech, performance, installation, sound, taste, texture, magic. It might be digital, non-digital or a hybrid. It might be site responsive, human responsive, data responsive or all three.
We want to interrupt the normal conference proceedings with something a bit different, inspired by the world of climate services and EUPORIAS. What this might be and when in the meeting this might happen is for us, and you, to decide.
The successful artist(s) will be awarded:
- Up to Â£15,000 available to include the artistâ€™s fee and expenses, accommodation, travel and production costs.
- Residency at Kaleiderâ€™s curated studio in Exeter.
- Producer support and creative feedback during development and production.
- Development time with Met Office scientists.
- An opportunity to do something a little bit different.
What weâ€™d like to see in an application:
A project that:
- is inspired by climate science / climate services / EUPORIAS
- is co-designed with us
- uses the network of people and skills inside The Kaleider
- can take place at the Met Office
- might be disruptive
- is definitely surprising
- is personally challenging to the audience but not professionally uncomfortable
- is definitely playful (but with a bit of a bitter aftertaste?!)
- might be playable
- could be wholly designed prior to the General Assembly and then take place at the event or partially designed prior to the General Assembly and then adapted in response to the goings-on at the event.
What you can expect from us:
- Weâ€™re not going to tell you what to do â€“ we welcome proposals from any discipline.
- An open and a playful approach to collaboration.
- Access to Met Office scientists and EUPORIAS collaborators to help inspire and shape the experience, plus the opportunity to play with our data!
- If appropriate, weâ€™ll work with you to explore opportunities to tour the work to other locations.
Application deadline: 23:59 (BST) Friday 10 June 2016
Dates and location of event: sometime during 4-7 October, 2016; Met Office, Exeter, UK
For more information and how to apply, visit their website.
The post Opportunity for Artists: EUPORIAS G.A. appeared first on Creative Carbon Scotland.
Creative Carbon Scotland is a partnership of arts organisations working to put culture at the heart of a sustainable Scotland. We believe cultural and creative organisations have a significant influencing power to help shape a sustainable Scotland for the 21st century.
In 2011 we worked with partners Festivals Edinburgh, the Federation of Scottish Threatre and Scottish Contemporary Art Network to support over thirty arts organisations to operate more sustainably.
We are now building on these achievements and working with over 70 cultural organisations across Scotland in various key areas including carbon management, behavioural change and advocacy for sustainable practice in the arts.
Our work with cultural organisations is the first step towards a wider change. Cultural organisations can influence public behaviour and attitudes about climate change through:
Changing their own behaviour;
Communicating with their audiences;
Engaging the publicâ€™s emotions, values and ideas.
Go to Creative Carbon Scotland
Powered by WPeMatico