Via Julie’s Bicycle.
Julie’s Bicycle has launched Sustaining Creativity, which is looking at what the creative community perceives as the critical drivers for change and the role of sustainability in this process.
The launch event occurred on November 19, 2013.
â€˜Sustaining Creativityâ€™ is a series of conversations and events exploring environmental challenges, drivers of change, and the opportunities that transformative solutions offer to the creative community.Â
â€˜Sustainabilityâ€™ generally refers to an approach that balances social, financial and environmental considerations. Julieâ€™s Bicycleâ€™s focus is environmental sustainability. While Julie’s Bicycle recognises and seeks to reinforce the synergies between social, financial and environmental wellbeing, economic and social development are ultimately contingent on a healthy planet.
Sustaining Creativity will take a holistic approach, intent on shoring up strength and wellbeing over the coming decade. It will consider the likely systemic changes already influencing mainstream thinking and put sustainability at the forefront of creative and cultural innovation.
Sustaining Creativity will:
- DiscoverÂ what the business critical issues are perceived to be from a wide range of representatives from the creative community.
- ExtendÂ ambition about what is possible using real examples.
- IdentifyÂ some key shifts needed to develop a creative infrastructure commensurate with global challenges.
- OutlineÂ what might be done over the next five to ten years to create optimal conditions for change.
- FosterÂ confident decision-making that looks beyond political and funding cycles
- ProduceÂ a series of events and publications
Julie’s Bicycle will gather and present this thinking at a national event in Spring 2014.