SEEDS|Earthdance is a unique festival dedicated to Somatic Experiments in Earth, Dance, + Science. We are very excited about the festival in its third year, 2010 – this summer will be quite an adventure! I hope you can join us for a workshop, for the whole event, for the research projects, or the public events. Please come and be a part of this experiment in interdisciplinary arts and ecology. Get in touch if you have any questions, or go right to the site and sign up.
Olive Bieringa, SEEDS co-curator
The theme of this yearâ€™s 10-day long SEEDS festival is NOURISHMENT: A cropâ€™s environmentâ€”including soil, topography, and climateâ€”imparts a characteristic taste and flavor and must be taken into consideration in cultivation. With care, through interaction we hope to create an ultra-lush, enriching, and regenerative culture in which to grow our art.
Come for a performance or a film, a workshop, a jam, or the whole festival!
You are also invited to sign up for workshops, for the whole festival, for research projects, in addition to evening Â performances, discussions, jams, and films as well as the Saturday Community Day as part of your participation.
- Diego PiÃ±on/Butoh Ritual Mexicano Dance<
- BenoÃ®t Lachambre/Extending the Comfort Zone<
- K.J. Holmes/Weathering<
- & PineCones <(an overnight event)
- Pedro Alejandro/Soft Body/Soft Terrain, Open Artistâ€™s Projec<
- Dave Jacke/Eden Arising: Ecological Design as a Spiritual Practice<
- Plus performances, an ECO jam, disucssions, films, artists-in-residence, green m-Art, and more.