Passionate about Scottish contemporary craft? Join Craft Scotland’s Board to support the development of an inspiring and creative sector.
In this Board recruitment round, Craft Scotland is seeking three new members to replace those whose terms of office are ending. We are keen to welcome people who can bring fresh perspectives, are passionate about craft, creativity or design, and can help us deliver our ambitions. Board members can be based in Scotland, the UK or internationally.
Additionally in 2023/24, we’re looking to appoint a Vice-Chair and a Chair of the Finance and Renumeration Committee from current and new Board members – if you would be interested in these roles, please let us know.
The Craft Scotland Board is responsible for shaping strategy, monitoring progress and ensuring robust and compliant operation. Together with the Director and senior staff we regularly review the programme, explore the wider landscape and jointly develop new strategy and plans.
Who are we looking for?
We are particularly looking for people with experience and expertise in one or more of the following:
- professional making/designing
- in-depth knowledge of craft practices and media
- curating or producing, particularly of craft/design
- tertiary education in the craft/design sector
- financial management, preferably with formal accountancy qualifications
- entrepreneurial income generation, commercial or trading activity
- addressing issues around equality, diversity and inclusion
- CEO experience at a similar scale of organisation
We would also welcome those with experience in:
- sustainability and tackling the climate emergency
- developing learning, outreach and community engagement
- international networks and impact
- promoting wellbeing, including mental health and resilience
- communications and digital, including developing wider audiences
Closing date and time: Sunday 29 Oct 2023, 11:59pm
Powered by WPeMatico