Artists from all countries are invited to send a proposal for a site-specific outdoor sculpture installation to be created during a 26-day artist in residency (April 11 â€“ May 7, 2012) in Cheng Long, a small rural village near the southwestern coast of Taiwan in Kouhu Township,Yunlin County. This art project is an expansion of the 2010 and 2011 Cheng Long Wetlands International Environmental Art Projects, going into the Village as well as the Wetlands. The selected artists will work with elementary school children and community residents to create large-scale sculpture installationsÂ focusedÂ on the theme of â€œWhatâ€™s for Dinner?â€Â Â The artworks should reflect on environmental issues surrounding food production and emphasize organic aquaculture.Â Â Artworks will be in village public spaces, on abandoned buildings, and in the wetlands nature preserve, and artists will use recycled materials and natural materials to create their artworks that will stay on exhibition through 2013.
Proposals Due:Â Â Feb. 8, 2012
Artists Notified by:Â Â Feb. 22, 2012
Residency in Taiwan:Â Â April 8 â€“ May 7, 2012
Selected Artists Receive: Â NT50,000 (US$1,662), round trip economy airfare, accommodations and meals for 26 days in Taiwan, local transportation, volunteer help to find materials and make the artworks
Send the following by email to Curator, Jane Ingram Allen,Â firstname.lastname@example.org
- Description of your proposed sculpture installation giving estimated size and materials to be used (limit 1 page as a .doc or .pdf file).
- Sketch of your proposed work as a .jpg or .pdf file (less than 1 MG in size)
- Images and image list (title, date made, dimensions, materials/media, and where located) of 6 previous outdoor sculpture installations (6 .jpg files each less than 1MG in size)
- CV or resume showing exhibitions, awards, residencies, education and experience as an artist (.doc or .pdf file)
- Contact information:Â Â Name, Present Address, Nationality, Email address and Website (.doc or .pdf file)
For more information visit the Blog atÂ http://artproject4wetland.wordpress.comÂ or contact Jane Ingram Allen,Â email@example.com