- email: contact at sustainablepractice.org
- fax: 818-804-3669
Directors and Co-Founders
More about Ian Garrett
More about Miranda Wright
The Center for Sustainable Practice in the Arts is a Think Tank for Sustainability in the Arts and Culture.
The CSPA views sustainability as the intersection of environmental balance, social equity, economic stability and a strengthened cultural infrastructure. Seeing itself as evolved out of the principles of the 1987 Brundtland Report and 1992 Rio de Janeiro Earth Summit, the CSPA aligns itself with the policies of Agenda 21 for Culture as a resource to artists and art organizations.
The CSPA’s activities include research and initiatives positioning arts and culture as a driver of a sustainable society.
Our activities include:
- Publication of the CSPA Quarterly periodical and Special Reports
- Engaging in Research Initiatives with strategic partners
- Distributing & re-distributing information online and through social networks.
- Creating and sharing tools for sustainable arts practices.
- Convening and conducting convergences and workshops on sustainable arts practices.
The Center for Sustainable Practice in the Arts is an intentional for-profit organization. We are exploring hybrid business models in an effort to break conventional non-profit dependencies, to engage politically, and to re-invest funding into the arts. We hope you’ll join us in our cause by becoming part of our expanding network.