TheÂ Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental ManagementÂ´sÂ (CIWEM) Art and Environment Network (AEN) is calling for nominations for their annualÂ Arts and the Environment Award, carried out in association with theÂ Centre for Contemporary Art and the Natural WorldÂ (CCANW), to recognise innovation and excellence in work by arts practitioners or environmentalists engaging with arts practices.
2013 sees the fourth year of the award, details of the award and previous winners can be found athttp://www.ciwem.org/competition-and-awards/aweinspiring.aspx
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Nominations may consist of an artwork, arts project or body of work by a living artist (or group) that is contributing innovatively to CIWEMâ€™s vision of â€œputting creativity at the heart of environmental policy and actionâ€.
- The nomination must demonstrate innovation and excellence; whether in ideas, execution or impact.
- The award is open to arts practitioners, environmentalists engaging with arts practices, or persons/initiatives that integrate these disciplines.
- The focus is on rewarding identified work, not simply a person.
- All forms and modes of arts practice, and geographical locations, may be considered.
- Special emphasis will be given to inspiring examples of young and/or emerging talent.
The deadline for nominations isÂ 31st January 2013. The winner will be announced in the press and a presentation will be made at a high-profile event (in previous years this has been the CIWEM Annual Dinner).
You can consider putting forward a project, body of work, organisation, person or group you would like to see given special recognition in this way, by sending a short description, and your reasons, to Laura Grant atÂ lgrant [at] ciwem [dot] org.
Cultura21â€²s international network, launched in April 2007, offers the online and offline platform for exchanges and mutual learning among its members.
– Sacha Kagan (based in LÃ¼neburg, Germany) and Rana Ã–ztÃ¼rk (based in Berlin, Germany)
– Oleg Koefoed and Kajsa Paludan (both based in Copenhagen, Denmark)
– Hans Dieleman (based in Mexico-City, Mexico)
– Francesca Cozzolino and David Knaute (both based in Paris, France)
Powered by WPeMatico