Background on ACTED:
ACTED is an NGO founded in 1993 whose purpose is the implementation of emergency programs, reconstruction and development in countries in crisis and developing ..
ACTED operates in 25 countries across 5 areas (Asia, Africa, America, Europe and Middle East) and employs approximately 2,700 people.
Following an integrated development approach addressing both the economic, social, educational and cultural past several years, ACTED has expanded its share in the cultural field, specializing particularly in heritage preservation and education.
More recently, ACTED has implemented a network including a micro-finance industry, Oxus Development Network, and a branch Cultural Foundation Bactria, which covers the activities of Bactria Cultural Center.
Inaugurated in December 2001, the center is a place Bactrian language exchanges, artistic and cultural as well as a training structure. It is also the framework within which all activities organized conservation and recovery of assets conducted by ACTED Central Asia.
The Center provides the public with a rich library of over 11 000 documents (European literature, Russian and Tajik, audio and video).
Language courses (English, French, German and Italian) and computer courses attract more than 1,400 students each year.
The Center is also a true place of trade because there are organized exhibitions and concerts by artists from Tajikistan, Central Asia, and Europe, providing a real platform of expression to the artistic and cultural life.
Finally, as information relays, the Center also provides support for cultural exchanges, scientific and university between Tajikistan and the western world.
Bactria Cultural Center and the Embassy of France
Since 1 September 2004, alongside his duties within ACTED and within the broader partnership between the Embassy of France in Dushanbe and ACTED, the position of Director of the Center Bactria is also linked with the CO CAC Embassy of France in Tajikistan, where he has the post of Technical Assistant.
The Director of the Center Bactria is not provided staff of the Embassy.
In conjunction with the CoCAC and ACTED Paris, and under the authority of the Country Director ACTED Tajikistan, the responsibilities of the Director of the Center are:
1. Lead Center and coach the team (20 persons) in all areas including:
- Club languages and education, including the French
- Events (conferences, exhibitions, etc.)
- Talent development
2. Management Center
- Ensure proper management of projects implemented under the center Bactria
- Supervision of financial and logistical
- Supervision of Human Resources and Administration
- In charge of internal and external reporting (ACTED and Co-ACC)
- Internal coordination
3. Ensure representation from central authorities and national partners center (embassies, institutions)
4. Participate in the development and implementation of cultural program and strategy center
- Research funding and developing partnerships with international organizations, local authorities and private actors.
- Business Development Center Bactria in Tajikistan and Central Asia Region, including the opening of cultural centers Khojand, Kurgan Teppa, Osh, in conjunction with those in Afghanistan in Mazar-i-Sharif and Kabul.
- 3 years minimum experience in managing cultural and educational projects
- Master level training in management, administration or management of cultural events
- Capacity management
- Autonomy and accountability
- Marked interest in issues related to the theme culture and development, particularly in terms of heritage, living culture, ecotourism, event.
- Excellent English skills (written and spoken), Russian and / or Tajik (spoken) more
Other desirable qualifications:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good knowledge and / or interest in Central Asia and Tajikistan
- Salary: Depending on experience + cost of living allowance
- Other benefits: Accommodation and transport covered
- Mutual liability insurance and repatriation included.
Submission of applications:
Thank you to send us your application in French: CV, cover letter and three references to the following address: email@example.com
REF: BAC / TAD / SA
Att: Human Resources Department
33, rue Godot de Mauroy
Fax. + 33 (0) 1 42 65 33 46
For more information, visit http://www.acted.org
Download the job offer in PDF format: