We wish to contract a freelance curator to devise and develop a temporary exhibition
Our Changing Landscape
Scotland is facing a climate emergency, with our historic environment already feeling the impact, from coastal erosion to flooding. Historic Environment Scotland is committed to playing its part in mitigating climate change, from our procurement processes to the tourism we promote.
We wish to contract a freelance curator to devise and develop a temporary exhibition for our visitors that explores how Scotland’s landscape has changed. It should use material drawn from Canmore, the National Record of the Historic Environment, Scran and relevant other sources.
The exhibition will take the form of a framed photography exhibition that will tour a number of our sites and partner museums. The exhibition content should cover the breadth of Scotland and interpretation will be translated into Gaelic.
The aims of the exhibition are to:
- Engage visitors with the impact of climate change
- Demonstrate the vulnerability of our cultural heritage
- Highlight how archives can be used as a resource for understanding tangible impacts of climate change
- Encourage reflection, without turning people off
We are looking for a freelance curator to develop the curatorial and interpretation aspects of this exhibition.
- Identifying visual content that will be printed and framed for the exhibition
- Writing interpretation in an accessible and engaging way
This should be completed by 24 March 2023. A budget of £10,000 is available for this project, however we are aware that costs are rising rapidly and would encourage applicants to quote for what their realistic costs are, along with examples of previous work.
Responding to this invitation
- Please confirm you are able to deliver the work to the deadlines detailed above
- Please provide:
- Examples of previous work in heritage interpretation and climate change
- Details of your fee and your date rate for any additional work
Please provide the above by 8am on 7 November 2022 to:
(Top image: Aerial image of Nybster Broch [supplied].)
The post ‘Our Changing Landscape’ freelance exhibition curator appeared first on Creative Carbon Scotland.
Powered by WPeMatico