Julieâ€™s Bicycle and The Tetley invite you to join us for a conversation around environmental sustainability in theÂ arts.
What does a sustainable future look like for the arts and culture? What kind of leadership do we need to galvanise change? How can we work together to create a strong and resilient sector?
Ahead of the UN climate talks (COP21) in Paris this December, Culture and Sustainability brings together cultural leaders, arts organisations and practitioners to share knowledge and experience, and discuss our collective response moving forward.
Julie’s Bicycle and Arts Council England will launch the latest results from our Environmental Sustainability partnership, sharing insights on how the arts and culture are addressing and benefiting from environmental sustainability, and what role the creative sector will play at COP21.
Event Details:Â 11th November 2015 Â -Â 10:00am â€” 5:00pm
Location: Hunslet Road,Â Leeds,Â LS101JQ
We will be joined by those leading on approaches to sustainability in practice, guest speakers confirmed on the panel include:
- Alan Lane | Director, Slung Low and The Hub -Â Growing and Giving – Engaging communities through their urban allotment created from 27 discarded bathtubs
- Rick Faulkner | Director, Chrysalis Arts -Â Creator of the Public Art Sustainability Assessment
- Ellie Harrison | Artist -Â Ellie’s Early Warning Signs are currently on display at The Tetley as part ofArtCOP21
The panel discussion and Q&A will be followed by lunch and afternoon themed breakout sessions.
Plus hear about two current campaigns combining culture and action on climate change:
- Alan Dix | Director, 509 Arts -Â Instigator of the culture and climate campaign, Coming of Age: 21 Reasons to Change the World
- Laura McFarlane-Shopes | Coordinator, Leeds Tidal -Â For the Love of Yorkshire festival takes place throughout November and December and is a county-wide programme of climate-related activities and events.
The day will include ample time for networking and discussion, so you can come away with a sense of purpose and action.
After the main event we are inviting ACE NPOs and MPM organisations to a free focussed surgery on environmental action planning and the reporting requirements and process for April 2016.