TheÂ Sustainable Consumption Research and Action Initiative (SCORAI)Â is organizing an international conference on the theme ofÂ â€œThe Future of Consumerism and Well-being in a World of Ecological Constraintsâ€Â on June 12-14, 2013, at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts, USA. The conference seeks:
- To improve our understanding of the complex driving forces underlying prevalent consumerist lifestyles in the wealthy parts of the globe;
- To generate insights about fostering a necessary transition toward alternative ways of pursuing individual and societal well-being in a technological society cognizant of ecological limits;
- To build on recent developments to establish a vibrant global research community focused on sustainable consumption.
Proposals are invited for conference sessions, individual papers, and posters based on theoretical and applied research. Especially welcome are interdisciplinary contributions that address consumerism from different perspectives; alternative visions and framings of post-consumerism; and emergent contours of post-consumerist society.
Prospective participants are encouraged to visitÂ http://www.scorai.orgÂ for more complete information,including details on the submission of session proposals and paper and poster abstracts. Information is also available on target dates, registration and fees, and accommodations.
The deadline for the submission of session proposals/paper and poster abstracts isÂ October 1, 2012.
Cultura21â€²s international network, launched in April 2007, offers the online and offline platform for exchanges and mutual learning among its members.
– Sacha Kagan (based in LÃ¼neburg, Germany) and Rana Ã–ztÃ¼rk (based in Berlin, Germany)
– Oleg Koefoed and Kajsa Paludan (both based in Copenhagen, Denmark)
– Hans Dieleman (based in Mexico-City, Mexico)
– Francesca Cozzolino and David Knaute (both based in Paris, France)
Powered by WPeMatico