It’s April which means the Dance Exchange’s 500-Mile Walk is finally here! On April 10 a team from Dance Exchange will walk from DC to the mountains of West Virginia to trace the distances traveled by the resources that power her home. Along the way, they’ll connect with communities to tell, hear, and collect some 500 stories.
They want you to be part of the journey and are buildinga new website to collect and share stories from the trail (and far beyond!). It will launch at our How To Lose a Mountain interactive performance at the Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center (for more information on this event, click here.
They’ve also teamed up with United States Artists to create a way for you to donate towards our long-distance journey. Receive exclusive, amazing perks like postcards and photos from the walk, even your very own deck of 500 Miles/500 Stories playing cards for making a contribution.
Where you can join the journey
- April 3 @ 5:30pm, Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, free
- April 10 @ 6pm, Kennedy Center Millennium Stage, free
- April 30, time TBD, McGuffey Arts Center, Charlottesville, VA
- May 10 @ 8pm, Claytor Nature Center, Bedford, VA
- May 19-20, time and details TBD, in partnership with Virginia Tech, Pearisburg, VA