Call for participants
in the framework of:
THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL
Of Arts and Sciences for Sustainability in Social Transformation
The International Council for Cultural Centers (I3C: www.international3c.org), the International Network Cultura21 (Cultural Fieldworks for Sustainability: www.cultura21.net) and the Latin American Network of Art for Social Transformation (Red-LATS: www.artetransformador.net/) are organizing, in collaboration with the Center for the Study of Culture and Society (CSCS: www.cscsarchive.org) the first international summer school of arts and sciences for sustainability in social transformation. The event is planned for early August 2010 in Bulgaria, in the beautiful Balkan mountains (Gabrovo).
We are seeking participants in the summer school! As the number of participants will be limited to a total of maximum 30 persons, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible!
Are you an artist, a practitioner or an academic working for or interested in the advancement of sustainability and social transformation (i.e. goals of social justice, ecological awareness and environmental action, human rights and self- determination, cultural and biodiversity, among others)? Are you looking for inter-or trans-disciplinary methodologies, and for inter-cultural dialogues? Are you interested in the relationships of bodily movements and/or of other sensuous/sensorial relationships to local places? Do you want to explore how movement also relates to place and community development?
If you replied yes to one of the previous questions, the international summer school may be the right place for you! Read further:
The detailed program of the Summer School’s workshops, will be announced in early 2010 (at the latest on March 15) on the project’s wikipage: http://www.cultura21.net/dokuwiki/doku.php/orange:sumschool
Information about inexpensive accommodation near the location of the summer school will be provided to the selected participants.
The application procedure and conditions are described on the following page.
To participate in the summer school, you must apply, providing us with the following documents:
- Personal data: please indicate your name, gender, age, full address and contact details, country of origin, country of current residence, and educational/professional background (in a few words).
- A Résumé or CV
- A letter of motivation where you explain why the summer school appeals to you, what you are expecting to benefit from it (for your research, your art, your activities, etc.). Please mention what you hope to learn at the summer school, and what you may be able to bring/teach yourself, based on your prior experience.
Applications shall be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: March 20, 2010 (please apply as early as possible; preferably, do not wait until the date of the deadline!)
Selection procedure: The selection of participants will be made by the organizers (Cultura21, I3C, Red-LATS) according to the following criteria:
- Date of application (the earlier, the better)
- Country of origin (to ensure an international mix of participants)
- Professional/educational background (to ensure an interdisciplinary mix of participants)
- Personal motivation and relevance of the applicant’s domains of interests to the general field of the summer school, i.e. sustainability in social transformation through action-research
- Notification of final decision: April 5th, 2010
All participants at the summer school are required to participate to the entirety of the summer school.
No scholarships are available from the school’s organizers, but we can provide cover letters upon request (in case you are applying for financial support from a third party).
Accommodation and travel costs will be covered by the Summer School only for a very limited number of participants from non-European countries. If you are requesting support for your accommodation and travel costs, please include a request letter, with a costs evaluation. Please note that we recommend that you also look for funding near third parties, as we will be able to support only a very limited number of participants.
Call for participants assist2010
Call for Workshop Proposals Sumschool2010