Trestle Gallery is pleased to announce a new open call opportunity for site-specific projects for The Wall. Trestle Gallery will select 4 artists (or artistic collaborators/collectives) for the 2020 calendar year to execute a site-specific drawing, painting, or installation on our 8 x 10.25 foot entrance wall at our 850 3rd Avenue location. These projects will remain on view for approximately 2 months, with an opening reception that coincides with our other gallery programming. Applications are open to all artists (NY-based or otherwise) but selected artists must be available to install and deinstall their own projects. Trestle will provide a modest stipend to help cover expenses related to the production of the work. Selected artists will be notified in the Fall of 2019.
Trestle is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive environment for all participants. Artists of all genders, communities, abilities, and cultures help us fulfill our mission to hold a space promoting excellence for all.
Dates for The Wall 2020:
January 17 – March 8 | March 20 – May 10 | July 2 – August 30 | September 11 – November 1
- You may submit up to 5 images of your current work to provide some context for your proposal. If you have previously executed a site-specific wall work, please include it with your images.
- Please make your proposal as detailed as possible. You may also submit up to 3 images to further illustrate/supplement your proposal.
- Acceptable media include drawing, painting, sculpture, fiber art, ceramics, photography, and/or mixed media. Installations may extend up to 24 inches from the wall. Unfortunately we cannot accept proposals which include video, sound, or any other electronic components.
- Images must be in .JPG or .JPEG format, 1000 pixels on longest side, titled: LastnameFirstname_Title.jpg
- CV, Statement, and Bio must be submitted in PDF form, titled: LastnameFirstName_CV.pdf; LastnameFirstName_Statement.pdf; LastnameFirstName_Bio.pdf;
- National and international artists are welcome to apply, but selected artists must be available to install and deinstall their own projects