With just two weeks to go until our conference for Scottish cultural organisations, we’re excited to announce the full programme for the day!
With speakers, sustainable suppliers and attendees from across Scotland, a mix of presentations, ‘show and tell’ sessions and workshops, it’s essential for any cultural Green Champion to attend.
- We’ll be hearing from national funding body, Creative Scotland, on what is coming for the sector around sustainability, as well as hosting several sessions on carbon management– soon to be required of all Regularly Funded Organisations.
- We’ve expanded our popular ‘show and tell’ sessions to hear from more Green Champion peers in the sector, discussing a huge range of sustainability initiatives taking place across the country: from Ayr Gaiety to the Barn, Puppet Animation Scotland to the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo! These 15 minute talks will be sharing everything from how to reach international standards of success, to how to raise funds for sustainability projects.
- Delving into the wider context of the work of Green Arts organisations, we’ll share the expertise of some of the most sustainable suppliers in the country, before hearing from the national organisation for responding to the impacts of climate change: Adaptation Scotland.
- New to this year’s conference, we’ll also be running a series of short, practical workshops on key skills for Green Champions: everything from how to build an internal group to expand your capacity, to using the tools to support your carbon management.
- Finally, we’ll be topping off the day with a drinks reception for all attendees! You can also join us in attending the opening night of Sonica Festival’s ‘Shorelines‘ with a special discount code for Green Arts Conference-goers!
The Green Arts Initiative is supported year-round by carbon neutral print company, PR Print and Design, and the Green Arts Conference will also be showcasing some of the best sustainable suppliers in the country: Take One Media, the Green Stationary Company, Resource Efficient Scotland and Vegware!
The conference will take place on Wednesday 1st November 2017, at Partick Burgh Halls in Glasgow. For those still to get their ticket, there are still a few spaces! Book you place via EventBrite:
If you have any questions about the event, think you have something you could share with other attendees, or fancy a conversation on arts and sustainability more generally, get in touch!
The Green Arts Initiative is supported by carbon neutral print company, PR Print and Design. If you would like more information about our range of sponsorship opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The post Full Programme Announced for Green Arts Conference! appeared first on Creative Carbon Scotland.
About Creative Carbon Scotland:
Creative Carbon Scotland is a partnership of arts organisations working to put culture at the heart of a sustainable Scotland. We believe cultural and creative organisations have a significant influencing power to help shape a sustainable Scotland for the 21st century.
In 2011 we worked with partners Festivals Edinburgh, the Federation of Scottish Threatre and Scottish Contemporary Art Network to support over thirty arts organisations to operate more sustainably.
We are now building on these achievements and working with over 70 cultural organisations across Scotland in various key areas including carbon management, behavioural change and advocacy for sustainable practice in the arts.
Our work with cultural organisations is the first step towards a wider change. Cultural organisations can influence public behaviour and attitudes about climate change through:
Changing their own behaviour;
Communicating with their audiences;
Engaging the public’s emotions, values and ideas.